I was nominated by the lovely ReadingEveryNight for this award. Go check out her blog, she’s amazing!
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
1. What book would you recommend to everyone, because it’s so amazing?
The Universe versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence. Not enough people have read this and it was my favourite read of 2015!
2. If you could pick one book to read again as if for the first time what would it be?
Honestly, I know that a lot of people get really excited about this, but the thought alone makes me cringe. I am obsessed with the things that I know. I can’t stand the idea of losing the knowledge I have of a certain book. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it feels like someone is asking me what part of my brain I would like to lose the most.
3. Favourite comfort food?
I don’t really have “comfort” food. I love blueberries though. Probably sounds kinda random, but have you ever tried blueberries? They’re the best thing ever. They’re in season for only like a day, then they get hard to find and are suddenly super expensive. I LOVE TO MAKE MY LIFE COMPLICATED OKAY.
4. Favourite quote?
I have a notebook with all my favourite quotes and most of them are really beautiful and deep, but honestly my favourite one is from Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
“Everyone in our school has afterschool activities. Mine is going home.”
I don’t even like that book, but I remember reading that and laughing out loud because it’s just so perfect. (#same)
5. Best and worst book-to-film adaptations you’ve seen?
Best would probably be all the Harry Potter movies, but because that’s such a standard answer I’m gonna go with The Spiderwick Chronicles. The only movie adaptation that is actually 100% better than the books. I also think the Twilight movies did an excellent job – judge me all you want, I could re-watch them every single day and would still adore them.
For the worst I’m gonna say Percy Jackson. Don’t even ask. I’m still angry.
6. What’s your favourite book so far that you’ve read in 2016?
What a good question! I’m gonna have to say The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. I’ve read pretty much only wonderful books so far this year, but that one literally broke me. I did a full review, which you can check out here.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I’m moving to England this autumn to study English Literature at an actual English university. That has been my dream for years, so honestly that’s where I would live if I could live aynwhere. I’m so excited you have no idea.
8. What is your favourite thing to do with your spare time, other than reading?
I watch TV shows a lot. I also love blogging (obviously) and I spend a lot of time watching Youtube videos or reblogging stuff on Tumblr. I don’t really have an interesting life, and I don’t go outside much.
9. If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
NOTHING. I’ve said this before, but I am TERRIFIED of the butterfly effect. If I actually had the ability to travel back in time, I wouldn’t use it. I would probably develop time-travel phobia or something. I love reading about time-travel, but keep that shit away from me.
10. Has blogging been different to, or exactly as you pictured it being?
I had already blogged a lot before creating this little book thing here, so the blogging part itself is as I imagined it. What is different this time is the community. I don’t know if it’s the WordPress community in general or if I was just lucky, but everyone here is amazing. People actually like my posts and leave comments, which is definitely new.
11. What has been the most positive thing that’s happened to you this week?
I’m gonna go with something that happened at the end of last week, because it’s Tuesday and my life is boring. I passed my written driver’s ed exam! You know, the part where you answer questions. Now I only have the practical, actual-driving-and-hopefully-not-dying part left. No idea when that’s going to be, but probably soon. Wish me luck!
1. What is the earliest memory you have?
2. If you could travel the world with someone, who would that someone be?
3. If you could have any pet in the world(s), which one would you choose?
4. What superpower/magical ability would you like to have?
5. What is your spirit animal song? The song that basically describes your soul?
6. Do you have a favourite number? If yes, why is it special?
7. What are the three most basic traits in a person that make you go “nope, I’m outta here”?
8. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
9. If your home was on fire, and you could save one inanimate object, what would you save?
10. If you could create any law in the world, what would that be?
11. What does your ideal future look like?
Those are some lame questions. BUT OH WELL I TRIED.
‘Till next time and happy reading!