I changed my header yesterday! Do you guys like it? I was getting kinda tired of seeing my huge face on my blog all the time. Also the colour of the text in my previous header didn’t match that greenish blue that is everywhere on my blog, so that always really bothered me. Now it’s simple and it matches. Yay! I also experimented with featured images, which … um … yeah … that did not work out so well.
But anyway! I was nominated twice for this little award, which is so lovely. You guys warm my bitter heart. Thank you so much Fatima @ Noteable Pad and Madeline @ The SFF Bookshelf! (Go check out those two, they’re amazing.)
- Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
1. Quick! The Epitome of Evil in the world is burning your books! What do you do?
Honestly I would be delighted. If it’s not burning my books it’s burning me, and however controversial this may sound: my life > books.
2. You wake up one morning with no memories, but only one book holds the key to your memories. Which book is that?
Oh what a fun question! It would probably be Ronia the Robber’s Daughter, because that’s the first book I read on my own. Or maybe it would be the last book I read, because since it’s my newest read it contains all my memories up until now? I don’t know.
3. What book do you wish never ended?
Not really a book, but a series: Percy Jackson. Fortunately, Rick Riordan keeps adding more and more books to that world, and even though some people are getting annoyed and say the newer books will never be as good as the originals, I’m loving it. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK RICK.
4. What time do you sleep (if you sleep at all)?
Someone is trying to find the vampire bloggers … I usually go to sleep between 11 pm and 2 am. The latter doesn’t happen a lot, but if I’m binge-watching a show or I’m really into a good book, sometimes I stay up a bit longer. I’m also a person who sleeps A LOT, usually something like 12 hours. It’s especially ridiculous if you keep in mind that I do nothing all day long – no school, no job, nothing. Why am I so tired? Who knows. Not me.
5. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
A few months ago I would have said England, but I’m moving there this autumn, so I’m not counting it. I would definitely go to Iceland! It looks amazing and I love cold weather. Also it’s peaceful and quiet and the human rights laws are hella good. If I decide to leave England after my course I’m moving to Iceland.
6. What’s your favourite childhood movie?
Hahaha, it’s actually Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over. It’s the most stupid, ridiculous crap ever and my dad, my brother and I used to watch it all the time. There is this one character who is supposed to be super awesome and he’s simply called The Guy, and after my dad saw the movie for the first time he called my brother The Guy for MONTHS. I have so many wonderful memories related to that crappy film!
7. What would your last words be, if you had a choice?
Well, I wanna say that I would gather my loved ones and tell them not to waste any money on my funeral because funerals are stupid (why would you waste all that money on someone who’s dead? They literally don’t care???), but honestly, it’s much more likely that I won’t have any loved ones at all because I can’t stand children and all my friends will be just as old as I and dying as well, so … I’d probably tell my dogs to be brave?
1. What is the one book that you have never, ever gotten over?
The Secret History. Oh my God, seriously. Every time someone even mentions it, it’s like a part of my heart breaks away and leaves forever. Please stop talking about it, you’re destroying me. I will never get over it. WHY, DONNA TARTT? WHY?
2. What are your top three favourite TV shows?
Ooh, how exciting! That would be the US version of Queer as Folk (eternal number 1 – if anything ever tops that show it’s gotta come directly from heaven), The 100 (I did a whole post on why you should totally watch it) and either Parks and Recreation or Pretty Little Liars. The last two kind of share the position.
3. Which season (summer, autumn, winter, spring) is your favourite, and why?
I’m glad you added the names of the seasons because I totally would have talked about TV shows here. My favourite is autumn! My best friend and I actually discussed why autumn is so amazing when we were younger – it’s the perfect weather (you don’t freeze to death but it’s also not annoyingly hot), you can start wearing warmer clothes (I hate summer clothes, ugh) and everything looks kinda pretty. Yay for autumn! Also I hate when people call it fall. I get it, the leaves fall to the ground. Stop.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Please refer back to question number 5 above.
5. Do you like mythology? Who is your favourite god and/or goddess?
Hell yeah. Mostly Greek mythology, thanks to Rick Riordan. I’m not a big fan of the gods (they’re all useless jerks), but if I had to pick a favourite it would probably be Apollo. He’s still a jerk, but at least he’s funny and kinda hella gay. Artemis is also pretty damn cool, with her band of eternal-virgin girl scouts.
6. What is one thing that you love about yourself?
I’m a very confident person, so I love pretty much everything about myself (vanity alert!). I think that’s really cool and a very positive way of thinking. But I guess what I love the most is how calm I always am. Like, sometimes my mom and I are at a supermarket and the cashier is having some problems and literally EVERYONE starts getting annoyed and I’m just like? Chill??? Literally everything is okay?
7. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
I don’t think I would be anyone. I really don’t like the idea of being anyone but me. If I could live in any fictional world, now that’s another question … but be someone? Nah.
My questions & nominations
1. If you could get anyone to read your blog, who would it be?
2. Zeus, the boss of the Olympian gods, grants you one wish: what do you wish for?
3. Imagine you can transform your TV remote into a magical remote – what does it do?
4. If you could invent any video game in the world, what would that be?
5. If you had Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak, what would you do with it?
6. You go on a journey across the world for ten years without any technology to communicate with everyone back home. When you get back, who is the first person you visit?
7. If you could shape-shift into one animal, which one would that be?
I am not going to nominate 7 people. I just nominated 15 the other day. So I’m only going to tag Jemima @ The Bookaholic, because I didn’t include her in my last nominations.
This tag was more work than I thought it would be. God. SO MANY QUESTIONS. I hope you guys are having a lovely week so far.
‘Till next time and happy reading!