I was nominated by the lovely Amy @ Inkyspells. Go check out her blog, she’s great! Also, can I just say that I’m in a really weird mood today? Like, I feel really cynical for some reason. Let’s hope my answers don’t come off as super rude haha.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5 – 11 3 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominee bloggers to answer (if you want to).
1. Where in the world would you most like to travel to?
I’ve answered this in previous tags, and it’s still Iceland. To change up my answer a bit I’m gonna add Finland and Canada. I love cold weather and northern countries.
2. Do you have a comfort food/meal? If so, what is it?
Another question I’ve already answered. I don’t, not really, haha. Usually if I feel down the last thing I wanna do is eat.
3. Tea or coffee? (Or neither!)
Neither, honestly. I don’t like hot drinks.
4. What’s your favourite city?
I went to visit Norwich (in England) with my dad earlier this year to have a look around the university there and it was absolutely wonderful. But I only stayed there for two days so I can’t call it my favourite city. Maybe Hannover, in Germany, because my best friend used to live there and I visited her every summer for I think three years. I have some very fond memories of that place.
5. What’s your favourite thing to do in your free time?
I love watching TV shows, listening to music, blogging, reading … I also watch quite a lot of Youtube videos. I’m definitely more of an indoor person.
6. Are you a dog person, or a cat person?
I’m a don’t-make-me-choose kind of person.
7. What’s your dream job?
Oh, I definitely would love to be a writer! Unfortunately you actually have to write something to achieve that haha. I’ve been planning a story for, what, like, four years now? I haven’t written a word. All I have is a huge folder with lots of facts and notes and ideas. Procrastination 101.
Then again some truly great books were planned for years before they were actually written so …
8. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
I’m honestly not that much of a food person. I eat very little and I’m not that hungry most of the time. To me food is more of a survival thing. I used to eat all the time and I loved food, but lately I’ve kind of realised that I’m mostly annoyed at the fact that humans need food to survive.
9. What fantasy world would you live in?
A part of me wants to go to Hogwarts, but I think the smarter part of my brain doesn’t. I mean, have you ever thought about the rules of that school? They’re SO BAD. Detention in the Forbidden Forest, like, what? Also Dementors? And a three-headed dog as a guard in a corridor that can easily be accessed by any student who happens to go the wrong way … what the hell, seriously? No thank you?!
I think if I had to choose a fantasy world to live in it would be Percy Jackson’s, because even though it’s a bit dangerous and kinda weird, I at least maintain all my rights and still live in acceptable conditions. So many people want to live in high fantasy worlds and I’m just like … I don’t know about you, but I don’t wanna die and I love the internet.
10. What book would you really like to read, but you haven’t gotten around to it yet?
The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I don’t know if you guys remember, but in my last book haul I talked about how my copy had gotten lost somehow and never arrived in the mail. The shop finally sent me a replacement and it got here a couple days ago. I’m super excited!
11. Where is your favourite place to read?
Probably my bed. It gets super uncomfortable after a while, but honestly I just stay in bed all day because I don’t have a life, so it’s really the best place to be. I don’t have to get up to do anything. My phone and my books are there, and there’s a power socket right next to me.
1. I eat with tiny cutlery and I hate knives. So, while my family eats soup with normal tablespoons, I slowly make my way through it with a coffee spoon. Not even a teaspoon, an actual coffee spoon. I don’t even know, I just started doing this one day and now big spoons feel super weird. I also use tiny forks. And I mostly hate knives because I only eat soft food (my eating habits are annoying and stupid, I know).
2. I love maths and it always makes me kind of angry when people say that humanities and maths don’t go together. Not every bookish person hates maths! I love it and I’m actually really good at it.
3. I don’t like reading hard-covers. They’re big and heavy and dust jackets are the most annoying thing ever. Which is why I usually buy paper backs (also because I have no money for hard-covers but let’s pretend).
4. I bite my nails all the time. I can’t remember ever not doing it. I’m pretty sure I was born biting my nails. When I was little, my friends’ moms would tell me different methods to stop doing it and because I hate being told what to do that kind of made me wanna keep doing it even more, and now I’m 18 years old and still have no nails.
5. I have a blogging-related pet peeve. You know those weekly posts that everyone does? Yeah, the posts themselves are okay. I don’t care, you do you. But what always makes me want to scream into the void is when people call them memes.
You know what a meme is? This is a meme.
That is Pepe the Frog and he is the king of memes.
STOP CALLING YOUR WEEKLY POSTS MEMES. YOU’RE BREAKING PEPE’S HEART.
6. I love making playlists for all my characters. Like, for that story I’ve been planning for years, all the characters have their own songs. It’s so much fun and helps you get into the heads of your characters.
7. I’m an extremely tidy and organised person. When I use something, I always put it back later, so I never make a mess. As a result I haven’t tidied up my room in years – there’s just never anything to tidy up.
8. I’m trying to decide which of these three shows I’m gonna start watching next: Under the Dome, Orphan Black or Downton Abbey. Have you guys watched any of these? I’d love some recommendations as I really don’t know where to start. (This is not really a fact about me but I’m running out of ideas.)
9. I am the most honest person ever. If you ask me how a dress looks on you and it actually looks like shit, I will tell you. I won’t tell you if you don’t ask because I’m not trying to be mean. But if you ask for my opinion I am going to be 100% honest.
10. The first band I ever really liked was Tokio Hotel. I was 8 when their first album came out in Germany and I just adored it. I had a huge crush on Bill Kaulitz.
11. I met my best friend in kindergarten. Basically our whole group went on a walk and I decided I didn’t like this small girl next to me and I pushed her. Her mom and my mom talked to our teacher when they took us home and they decided we should learn how to get along, so we were kind of “forced” to meet up in the afternoon. We kind of fought all the time (we loved pulling each other’s hair) but then we realised we liked fighting each other so we just kept hanging out. And now here we are, 15 years later! She’s still an annoying little shit.
1. Do you have a blogging-related pet peeve? (Come on, I can’t be the only one!)
2. What is the most disappointing over-hyped book you’ve ever read?
3. What are your favourite blog posts to make?
4. What are your favourite blog posts to read?
5. If you could choose how to die, what way would you choose? (Not to be morbid or anything.)
6. What is the most annoying question you get asked all the time?
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (For those scared of the future: where do you see yourself tomorrow?)
8. A question of your choice! I’m running out of ideas.
9. What book do you love that not many people know about?
10. If you could manipulate nature, which would be your element: water, fire, air or earth?
11. If you could be any magical creature, which one would you wanna be?
I have no idea how many followers anyone has but I think these people are all under 1000.
I’m also pretty sure you guys haven’t done this yet.
‘Till next time and happy reading!