It’s been a long time since I was nominated for an award – I feel like awards and tags are kind of dying out a bit, at least on the blogs I follow. So thank you Sammie @ Bookshelves and Biros for nominating me! I really appreciate it. Once again, the creator of the award has disappeared into oblivion.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Create ten questions for your nominees.
1. What’s your favourite thing to cook?
I hate cooking. There’s nothing that makes me as angry as the fact that humans need food to survive, and moreover have to make it themselves. So I usually make the quickest thing that comes to mind – instant cous cous or pasta. Those are really the only things I can cook, but that’s okay, because they are also pretty much the only things I like to eat.
2. Snog, marry, throw off a cliff: Will Herondale, Julian Blackthorn, Magnus Bane.
I have no idea who any of those people are, so I’m throwing all of them off the cliff.
3. Coffee or tea?
Neither. I don’t like warm drinks.
4. What’s the best quote you’ve recently come across in a book?
“‘We’ve heard them all talk about Dust, and they’re so afraid of it, and you know what? We believed them, even though we could see that what they were doing was wicked and evil and wrong… We thought Dust must be bad too, because they were grown up and they said so. But what if it isn’t? What if it’s—’
She said breathlessly, ‘Yeah! What if it’s really good…’”
That is a quote from Northern Lights, the first book in Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials series. Dust is basically sin, so they are saying that all this time adults have told them that sin is bad and evil, but maybe they’re wrong and it’s not. I’ve personally always thought that the idea of sin is beyond ridiculous, so when I read this I laughed out loud – it literally made my day.
5. Name three things you couldn’t live without.
In an extreme situation that would be water, someone to talk to and a knife. In my current situation, which is the opposite of extreme, I’m gonna go with the internet, my dog and some writing supplies.
6. If you had to get rid of all but one of the apps on your phone, which one would you keep?
The play store, so I can download all the other apps again. Ha. No, seriously, I would probably keep WhatsApp, because it’s my only contact to other human beings.
7. Do you have any WordPress pet peeves/annoyances?
I already explained in another post how much it bothers me when bloggers call weekly posts memes. Memes are stupid pictures, not blog features!
I also can’t stand bad grammar, and I immediately leave a blog if I feel like the blogger doesn’t put any effort into their posts and doesn’t even proofread.
8. Describe your ideal Saturday morning.
9. Open the book closest to your laptop/computer/tablet to page 54: what does the first line say?
“When she came back with the opened bottles her face and throat were pink.”
From The Night Watch by Sarah Waters, which is on my TBR.
10. What’s your favourite cocktail?
I don’t drink and have never tried any cocktails, so no answer.
I have to say, those are some fantastic questions, Sammie! Very creative. I really enjoyed answering them. Now it’s my turn!
1. What was your favourite TV show as a child?
2. What is the first movie you ever saw at the cinema?
3. Do you play any video games? If yes, name your favourites.
4. If you had to leave your home forever and could only bring 3 books with you, which would you choose?
5. If you were a shape-shifter, what animal would you wanna become?
6. What’s your dream job?
7. What’s your favourite name you’ve ever found in a book?
8. If you were a demi-god, who do you think would be your godly parent?
9. What is/was your favourite subject in school? And your least favourite?
10. Describe the last book you’ve read in three words.
I had forgotten how much fun awards are! I always love writing these posts.
‘Till next time and happy reading!