I was nominated by the wonderful Amy @ Inkyspells over a month and a half ago, and I’m finally getting around to doing this! I did the Siblinghood of the World Award a while ago, which is basically exactly the same, but whatever; different name, different award, right?
(On a completely different note, I reached 200 followers the other day! That’s so crazy, especially because people kept following me while my blog was on hiatus! Thank you all so much, you really made my day with that little notification.)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger has given you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Do you prefer to marathon a series, or read the books as they come out?
I honestly don’t really care. If the books are already all out when I start the series, I’ll marathon it (if I like it enough), but if I have to wait that’s fine too. I’m a very patient person and if I have to wait for a book I usually just start something else in the meantime.
2. What’s the most inspiring movie you’ve seen/book you’ve read?
I’m not really one for “inspiring” movies and books, I usually find that definition quite cheesy and a bit tacky. But I guess The Intouchables (Untouchable in the UK) is a very lovely movie that could be considered inspiring. It’s based on a true story and is, I think, the most wonderful depiction of friendship I’ve ever seen.
As for books, The Universe versus Alex Woods is one of my all-time favourites and just absolutely wonderful. Like The Intouchables, it deals mostly with disability, friendship and age.
3. What’s your favourite genre? (Books or films!)
Definitely fantasy, especially high or epic fantasy. I also really love dystopian fiction, but more for TV shows and movies than for books.
4. What’s your least favourite genre? (Again, books or films!)
Oh, definitely romance. I like romance when it’s part of other genres, like a high fantasy book can have some romantic stuff going down, but if it’s just romance I get bored out of my mind. I’m also usually not a big fan of military stories, because they tend to be pro-military and of the straight-white-male kind, so yeah.
5. Have you ever put yourself on a book buying ban? If so, how did it go?
No, I just have a general rule that I don’t buy books unless my TBR is very small (around 5 books). Since I haven’t read much this last month due to both a reading slump and travel, I haven’t bought any new books either.
6. Paperback books or hardback books?
Totally depends on the genre! Fiction books and biographies I prefer in paperback, because they’re easier to read and lighter. Beautiful, big non-fiction books should always be hardbacks though!
7. What’s your pet peeve?
Hahaha, I have so many. I’m the kind of person who is kind of low-key bothered by everything but not enough to actually complain. One that comes to mind is when people bring their babies on public transport and those start screaming, because it happened just the other day. Also when people interrupt you – like, dude, I’m talking, shut up.
8. What’s your favourite Disney movie?
Confession: I’m not a big Disney fan. I don’t get the hype. I like most of the Disney cartoon movies about animals, like The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, The Fox and the Hound, etc., but the princess movies are terrible. I’m not trying to be cool or anything, I just always thought they were really dumb and boring. Also the newer Disney Channel shows suck.
I remember my favourite Disney movie being Oliver & Company when I was younger, but I haven’t watched it in a long time, so I don’t know if I actually still like it. I think it’s about a group of cats and dogs who live on the street, and there’s this small orange cat called Oliver who is SO CUTE. I have a plushie that I got around the time I first watched it, so of course I called him Oliver, and I still always take him with me when I go on vacation.
9. What are some of your favourite albums?
I posted my July favourites yesterday and talked about the ridiculous amount of albums I bought this summer, so you can check that out if you want to.
My all-time favourites are Light Me Up and Going to Hell by The Pretty Reckless, Made in the A.M. by One Direction, Sempiternal and That’s the Spirit by Bring Me the Horizon, The Emptiness by Alesana, Dying is your latest Fashion by Escape the Fate, The Drug in Me is You by Falling in Reverse, Party in the Graveyard by Ghost Town, Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded by Rihanna, every single album ever by P!nk, and most of the Punk goes Pop editions.
10. How would you spend your perfect rainy day?
When I’m not in a reading slump, reading a big, chunky fantasy book, something like The Name of the Wind, or maybe one of the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson books. Since I’m currently in a reading slump though, I really feel like wrapping myself in a blanket and playing Skyrim all day long.
- How do you usually get out of a reading slump?
- What did you find out about blogging that you didn’t expect?
- Why did you start blogging? What has kept you going?
- What’s your favourite bookish blog and why?
- What are your interests besides reading and blogging?
- What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
- Who are your three all-time favourite book characters?
- Who are some of your auto-buy authors?
- What are three things in a blurb that make you immediately want to read the book?
- What are the types of covers that you love?
I feel like I’m doing a publishing survey or something, haha. Strange questions today!
‘Till next time and happy reading!