Today I’m doing another tag that has been on my list for quite some time – I was tagged by the lovely Orang-utan Librarian on June 17, which was like a million years ago.
This tag is all about the things that make you happy, so let’s get started!
List five things that make you happy
I’m not gonna include books, because that’s a pretty obvious favourite.
- Netflix. I’m a hopeless TV show addict, and I love binge-watching. I also cannot put into words how much I appreciate the fact that Netflix always bookmarks what you’re watching and where you stopped. So, if I have to interrupt an episode, I can just resume where I left, without having to find the exact minute I was at.
- Youtube. I love watching my favourite creators, and sometimes I’m just more in the mood for a bookish video than a blog post.
- My friends. This is so cheesy, but I think in my case it’s especially important I mention those losers because we live very far apart. I only see them once a year and it’s always magical – they are quite literally what I live for.
- My dog. There’s nothing like coming home and having a fluffy ball of excitement bark and jump around because they’re so happy you’re back.
- Planning. Ayyy, there we go, you’ve discovered my guily pleasure. I am an extreme planner – I just love looking into things related to my future. I know literally EVERYTHING about my prospective university and my course, I have a list of the jobs I might be interested in, and there’s nothing that makes me as happy as looking at information about something I might be doing someday. It’s ridiculous, really.
List five songs that make you happy
- I’m not a Vampire by Falling in Reverse. This is pretty much my all-time favourite song, I’ve listened to it WAY too many times. A friend and I also always sing along to it, so that definitely adds to how happy it makes me.
(Sorry I had to embed this from Vimeo – I can’t find the official video on Youtube because Germany blocks everything.)
- On the Brightside by Never Shout Never. This is a really cute song, and it makes me really happy because there are some lovely memories that I share with my best friend related to it.
- Boys wanna be her by Peaches. This is the theme song of the character Shane from The L Word, and I absolutely love it. I always rewatch episodes of that show with a friend of mine, and we’re both obsessed with Shane, so of course we love that song.
- Make me wanna die by The Pretty Reckless. There’s just something about the music at the start … damn. I always feel kinda emo when I listen to it, but it still makes me super happy in a way, especially considering The Pretty Reckless is one of my favourite bands.
- Acapella by Karmin (acoustic version). This song is SO good. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to the actual song though, only this specific version. I don’t even know why. But it’s definitely a fun, upbeat song that always makes me happy.
This feels like the shortest tag I’ve ever done. There’s, like, three words in this post. Do you guys like any of these songs? What is it that makes you happy? I’d love to know.
‘Till next time and happy reading!